#1 Remembering the Details
Of all the writing projects out there I think memoir has to be one of the most challenging.
1. We have to remember everything we’ve ever done, with all the details (or so we think.)
2. We have to figure out what makes our life so interesting that others will want to read about it.
3. We don’t know where to begin!
4. We have to re-live those memories we would rather forget (ah, yes—the pain of memoir.)
5. We have to deal with all the people who will be really upset when we talk about them publicly.
Over the next month I’ll talk about each of these barriers—these things that keep us in procrastination mode—and how you can overcome them, beginning this week with remembering the details of our story.« Continue »